30 November 2005

Soy = nuts

Dear Diary,


I shared the diet plan with the people at work. They're enthusiastic. You know, I should've started a cult instead. If these people can get enthusiastic about giving up everything that tastes good in their life... surely they'd get enthusiastic about a new religion with lots of sex and giving me half their income. Right? Bloody weirdos.


This morning for breakfast I had half a grapefruit, a bowl of muesli with soy milk, and a glass of orange juice. Soy milk. People drink the stuff voluntarily?? It tastes like bean-flavoured water with some sugar in it. Yuck. And I'm stuck with the stuff for 2 months. I'm nuts, right??


Kid, if you're reading this – LOOK AT WHAT I PUT UP WITH TO GET YOU. I sacrificed everything I value.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Before I get hordes of vegans descending on my blog to bomb me with complaints... I drink soy milk too. Love it, these days. I don't eat meat or eggs either. Be calm :)

oakland heidi said...

eat lots. and lots. so many of my oh-so healthy friends have had problems conceiving because they were toooooo "healthy." meaning they exercised lots and didn't eat enough fat. They were svelte and coveted by society, but sometimes that's not the best kind of oven to bake the bun in!

I will send fertile thoughts your direction. Best of luck... babies are magic!