04 December 2005

Aftermath

Dear Diary,


That chocolate was so incredibly good. I don't think I've ever had chocolate so good. The pain of the last two weeks was almost worth the near-orgasmic experience of eating an entire block of chocolate.


I walked into work this morning and couldn't keep my face normal. Simon, Georgia and Karen twigged straightaway. You should've seen the earnest, disappointed looks on their faces. Like facing a cult member who'd strayed from the fold. They were feeling a little betrayed, but willing to forgive. So I confessed to eating a square of chocolate I'd found at the back of the fridge. I actually cried, the emotion was running so high.


So, back to the diet. Salad sandwiches on real wholemeal bread – not that fake dyed-white-bread stuff. I was allowed to add a little mustard, as long as it didn't have any salt or sugar in it. Actually, it was sort of nice – although it could've done with some cheese and meat. Anyone who says salad sandwiches aren't filling hasn't tried this healthy bread... it's like eating lead. Thunk, down into the stomach.

No comments: