12 December 2005

Sperm Wars

Dear Diary,

Following on from last night's 'two week dry' comment...

John feels as though I only want him for his sperm.

Uh-huh. I bit my tongue, then gently asked him to explain.

He said that I only seem to want to have sex when I'm fertile.

I commented that before we decided to get pregnant, we were having sex twice a week, and we're still having sex at least twice a week, so how the hell (voice getting higher and louder here) is that only having sex when I'm fertile?

He pointed out that we have sex once a day when I'm ovulating.

I pointed out that that's extra sex, and I thought he'd be happy about that.

He pointed out that it's sex for procreation, and he thinks we should spend at least equal time just having sex for fun.

The penny dropped.

John. Is. JEALOUS. He's jealous of his own sperm.

Wow. How does he manage that?

9 comments:

Naomi said...

This is a phenomenon I've noticed, but been at a total loss to explain. How on earth do men manage to spray around sperm like firehoses at a houseparty most of their lives... and all of a sudden get upset when a woman tries to make use of it?

Weird.

IdentityMIA said...

They need to do a study about that. Hilarious read. Thanks. :)

IdentityMIA said...

I *Just* realized where I was, after thinking, "Hey, that bun lady might like this." Remind me not to blog while I'm tired.

Still! Hilarious read. I still can't get over your blog.

Naomi said...

ROTFL

I'm always happy to hear that I'm not the only one... ;-)

Naomi said...

I looked at this blog in the light of morning, only to realise something - colour-blind people are going to have a hell of a time reading the links etc. Darn. I'll fix it up ASAP.

CarpeDM said...

Oh, that is funny. I wish you luck in solving this one and also getting pregnant.

Naomi said...

Oh no... I think AdSense has pulled their ads because I mentioned sex too much!

IdentityMIA said...

LOL! You're scaring the people at Google, Evangeline. ;)

Naomi said...

They're probably scared that I'll manage to procreate. I know my work colleagues suffer from the same fear. For them it's worse, though - they've also met my husband.